Prospective Students

Supervision Areas

I supervise postgraduate research in the following areas:

modern Japanese history (1853-present day), media studies, cultural studies, tourism studies, war memories, contents tourism

Language Policy

I can supervise students conducting research either in Japanese or English. However, students who want to be supervised in Japanese and are not native Japanese speakers should make additional arrangements for Japanese academic writing support and proof-reading.

Application Procedure

Due to my change of jobs, currently I am not accepting any applications from people who want me to be their supervisor at the MA or PhD level. However, I plan to start accepting applications for graduate students wishing to enter my new university in Tokyo from April 2019. Details will be published later this year.