Here are my five most recent academic publications.
1) ‘War, popular culture, and contents tourism in East Asia’, Journal of War & Culture Studies (in press, 2018).
2) ‘Kamikaze museums and contents tourism’, Journal of War & Culture Studies (in press, 2018).
3) ‘Japanese empire in Hokkaido’, The Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Asian History (November 2017).
4) Sue Beeton and Philip Seaton, ‘Creating places and transferring culture: American theme parks in Japan.’ In Sangkyun Kim and Stijn Reijnders (eds), Film Tourism in Asia: Evolution, Transformation, and Trajectory. Singapore, Springer, 2018, pp. 251-267.
5) Philip Seaton, Takayoshi Yamamura, Akiko Sugawa-Shimada and Kyungjae Jang, Contents Tourism in Japan: Pilgrimages to “Sacred Sites” of Popular Culture. Amherst, Cambria Press, 2017.
For a full list of publications, see the pdf below. It contains hyperlinks to all open access publications. Information is correct as of the date in the file name.