Here are my five most recent academic publications. Google Scholar citations data is here. Scopus citation data (Hokkaido University) is here.
1) ‘Islands of “Dark” and “Light/Lite” Tourism: War-related contents tourism around the Seto Inland Sea’, Japan Review 33 (2019), pp. 299-327.
2) ‘On the trail of The Last Samurai (I): Taranaki‘, International Journal of Contents Tourism 4 (2019), pp. 12-24; ‘On the trail of The Last Samurai (II): Hobbiton vs Uruti Valley‘, International Journal of Contents Tourism 4 (2019), pp. 25-31; ‘On the trail of The Last Samurai (III): Himeji and Kagoshima‘, International Journal of Contents Tourism 4 (2019), pp. 32-42.
3) Review of Hiro Saito, The History Problem: The Politics of War Commemoration in East Asia (University of Hawai‘i Press, 2017). Monumenta Nipponica 73.2 (2018), pp. 320-324.
4) Review of Marc Steinberg and Alexander Zahlten, Media Theory in Japan (Duke University Press, 2017). Asian Studies Review (published online 16 September 2018).
5) Review of Gi-Wook Shin and Daniel Sneider, Divergent Memories: Opinion Leaders and the Asia-Pacific War (Stanford University Press, 2016). Journal of Japanese Studies 44.1 (2018), pp. 215-219.
For a full list of publications, see the pdf below. It also contains hyperlinks to open access publications. Information is correct as of the date in the file name.